Derecho.com offers legal advice for individuals and businesses in Spain . They provide online access to documents, procedures, legal content, and services, ensuring that the information is always easy to find and up to date. Registropropiedad.com is one of the sites owned by Derecho.com, specifically oriented towards real estate property registration matters.
Derecho.com is aware of the importance of web performance and its positive impact on business metrics. They wanted to optimize the Registro Propiedad website code in order to load faster. They wanted us to analyze their pages, and help them with the implementation of performance improvements. Our Performance Tune Up service was perfectly suited for the task, because it sets a baseline and establishes clear objectives.
We analyzed the current performance metrics of Registro Propiedad, using publicly available tools like Webpagetest, YSlow extension and bookmarklet, Chrome DevTools, PageSpeed Insights, HTTP Archive and BigQuery. We made an initial report and pointed to the main bottlenecks that could be optimized. By working closesly with Derecho.com IT Department, we managed to make several improvements, summarized below.
- Improvement of Page Speed and YSlow indexes by more than 10%
- Improvement of Speed Index by more than 50%
- Improvement of Page Load Time by more than 30%
- Reduction of more than 70% of the total amount of bytes transferred to render the home page.
- Increase the adventage over competitors in key performance metrics, and stay at the top 20% of Alexa top 1M sites.
Example: Visualization of three performance indexes before and after the optimization. Green zone represents the best 20% of the Alexa top 1M sites. The red zone represents the worse 20%, and the yellow zone includes those in between.